Welcome

Welcome to my blog. This is a journal of things in my life during the adoption process. If you want to start at the beginning you need to read backwards. What this means is go to the archives (January 2006) and read through to current time. I enjoy reading your comments, so please post your thoughts for me to read. Colette

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Walking Up the Great Wall


We are starting our trek up the Great Wall! Actually, it is only a little piece of the wall since it is many miles long. Going out of Beijing, you start to see mountains in the distance which is a big change since most of the topography we have seen so far has been flat. And I really thought from a distance that the mountains were actually thunderheads building up on the horizon.
Wow! What a feeling of being on something that is so old and historic. This is the most favorite historic site that Colette and I visited so far.
Bob
A neat thing is dealing with the white stone over my left shoulder in this picture. The Chinese people think that you are a hero if you visit the wall so all of them were taking their picture with that small monument.

No comments: