Welcome

Welcome to my blog. This is a journal of things in my life during the adoption process. If you want to start at the beginning you need to read backwards. What this means is go to the archives (January 2006) and read through to current time. I enjoy reading your comments, so please post your thoughts for me to read. Colette

Monday, February 26, 2007

Olivia Is Officially Ours

It's official! Olivia is ours in the eyes of the Chinese government. This morning, we returned to the adoption center and finalized the documents.

The above photo was taken with the director of the orphanage that had Olivia. We learned that she was actual with a foster parent for approximately 5 months after she turned 6 months old. Apparently the orphanage holds the kids until they are 6 months old and then will put them in with a foster home. About 1 week prior to being adopted they move them back to the orphanage. We also learned how to pronounce her Chinese middle and first name, Min Ya (sounds like "me yah"). She didn't speak any english but she seemed like a very caring and likeable women.

Olivia is really starting to bond with Colette. Just as I was typing this, Colette was playing with her and Olivia leaned in and gave Colette a kiss. I have to say that the bonding has definately begun! For me, she tolerates me enough to let me hold her but I'm still working on her.

Bob

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's amazing that she can walk already. Foster care really helps on the development. And could she be any cuter? I'm so happy for you that the attachment is going well. Can't wait to see her in person.

Matt & Mary said...

Walking -- Wow!

Sounds like things are going great!

See you Saturday,

M & M

Anonymous said...

I am sitting here at my desk at work reading about your time with your new baby- I am a blubbering mess! You all look so perfect for eachother. Your new daughter is absolutely beautiful. In a few short months my husband and I will hopefully be where you are- congratulations on your new daughter!

Anonymous said...

I SEE A FUTURE BROWNIE...JUST THINK, YOU WILL ALREADY HAVE ALL THE GIRL SCOUT TRAINING! SHE IS BEAUTIFUL...LOVE THAT HUGE PINK BOW!

Anonymous said...

Hi Walker Family!

I am so happy for you! Your smiles say it all.

Susan
I've tried to post comments several times, but they don't seem to be going through...just didn't want you to think I was not commenting!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your beautiful daughter. I love the super cute bow! I can hardly wait for our turn so we can have lots of play dates!

Shawn Cannon