Welcome

Welcome to my blog. This is a journal of things in my life during the adoption process. If you want to start at the beginning you need to read backwards. What this means is go to the archives (January 2006) and read through to current time. I enjoy reading your comments, so please post your thoughts for me to read. Colette

Friday, February 23, 2007

Colette's Alive.... we think!!!

Good morning, or good afternoon, or whatever. But, it still is a "Good" day. I am in China and will get my baby in 2 days.!

Boy are we screwed up. It is 2:00 pm. for you folks and 4:00 am. for us. There is a 14 hour time difference. We have been awake since 2:30 a.m I went to sleep last night around 7:30 and Bob went to sleep an hour latter. UGHHHHH..... this feeling is like no other. We are so tiered but unable to sleep, even with the help of sleep aids (for Colette) My guess is our adrenalin is working over-drive. Being in an airplane for 15 hours is unreal. I don't care to ever do it again, but will make an exception to get us home in 2 weeks.

At 7:00 a.m. we are meeting some friends (Matt & Mary Howard) for breakfast in the hotel. This is a couple that I have been corresponding with for about a year now. They are with our same adoption agency and have the same LID as us. They live in Illinois. Their baby is from a different province so tomorrow we will head our separate ways, but then catch up in Guangjou for the last week. I have talked and emailed with Mary but have never met, so I am looking forward to breakfast. This is the first child for them.

We get complimentary breakfast everyday at the hotels we stay at. Hope it is good. We skipped dinner last night and ate some chips. And, YES in answer to someone’s question about the beer, "some of it was Chinese... but not all". They sell it warm, so we were trying to get it cold in our little hotel frig. I should have brought my Koozi. Who knows maybe I will find one when we are out and about.

A note for Megan. Mommy was getting motion sick. I never threw up but came close. This was even with taking motion sickness medicine. I'm going to take something today before our tour. I said to Daddy, "if Megan were here she would definitely be getting sick". Love you Megan.

Colette

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Colette I am glad you are alive!!! You will have to buy a Chinese koozie for your collection! Can't wait to hear what you eat for breakfast. I'm sure if you are hungry it will taste good! Hope the refrigerators work for Bob and keep that beer cold! Thanks for the postings! Wish I were with you!

Love, Julie

Anonymous said...

Colette and Bob,
I am Beth, and my husband, John, and I adopted our daughter, Katie, one year ago through CHI. (The CHI Yahoo group is where I got your blog.)
Just wanted to let you know... my husband was on a quest while we were there for a "nice, cold one". He found it in Guangzhou at Lucy's. He had a Budweiser, delivered straight from St. Louis!! You should have seen the smile on his face!
Enjoy your trip and I'm looking forward to reading more and seeing your Gotach moment!
Beth Anth