Welcome to my blog. This is a journal of things in my life during the adoption process. If you want to start at the beginning you need to read backwards. What this means is go to the archives (January 2006) and read through to current time. I enjoy reading your comments, so please post your thoughts for me to read. Colette

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

We're Home

We’ll after a very, very, long day…. Or should I say a day and a half. YIKES! We made it home. We left our hotel at 5:30 a.m. on Saturday morning China time and 3:30 p.m. Friday afternoon Tulsa time.

Everything went well flying from Guangzhou to Hong Kong. It was a very short flight and the plane wasn’t full so we had a seat in-between Bob & I. Then we had a short layover and boarded the plane to the U.S. They told us the plane was full. We only booked a lap-seat for Olivia, so we were scared we wouldn’t have the empty seat between us. Well, we lucked out and it was empty. HURRAY! Olivia did very well for such a long flight. She did get fussy a few times but we were able to calm her down quick. She played with the empty plastic water cups we had for hours and hours. She slept some and I actually slept a couple of hours. We landed in the US on schedule. After going through custom’s and security and many many lines we got to our gate. We got something to eat during our 4-½ hour layover. Well, our layover turned into an 8-hour layover. UGGGGHHHHH. Can you say frustrated. Trying to entertain a baby was interesting. Needless to say her squeaky shoes got lots of looks and smiles.

We finally landed in Tulsa at 12:30 a.m. Boy were we tiered. This would be 2:30 pm on Sunday in China. Needless to say we looked whipped. I don’t know if I have ever been that exhausted mentally and physically in my life. I knew it would be a hard day and it lived up to my expectations.

The bad thing was Bob started having drainage & a headache on Thursday before we left. Well, during our long layover he started running a fever. Poor guy. He has since gone to the doctor and he has a bad case of bronchitis and feels horrible. He is having a very hard time sleeping because of all the drainage. Here he has jet lag and is unable to sleep. Hopefully he will start feeling better soon and the rest of us don’t get it.

It was so good to see Megan. I missed her so much. It was neat to see her and Olivia together. Megan has been such a big help with Olivia. She has fed and played with her. Last night Olivia had her first real bath. Up until last night I was only able to give her a sponge bath. Anyway, Megan got in the bathtub and slowly I was able to get Olivia in the tub and bathe her. YEA! Megan is going to be a great big sister.

Well, this has taken me over 2 hours to write. I forgot how it takes forever to get things done with a little one. I need to try and get her down for a nap. This afternoon she gets her first doctor visit in the U.S. Wish us luck.

I want to thank everyone for all of the support and prayers while we were in China. Please pray that Bob starts to feel better and the rest of us stay healthy. I will try and post pictures of Olivia & Megan later.


No comments: