Welcome

Welcome to my blog. This is a journal of things in my life during the adoption process. If you want to start at the beginning you need to read backwards. What this means is go to the archives (January 2006) and read through to current time. I enjoy reading your comments, so please post your thoughts for me to read. Colette

Monday, March 05, 2007

DAY 13

We are back in the room, Olivia and Bob are both sleeping. I still have to pinch myself to convince me this is real. I feel as though I am living a dream… a wonderful dream. Our family is finally complete. I can’t wait for Megan & Olivia to meet. I feel for us to be able to give Megan a sister it is a true gift. I feel very fortunate to have siblings. I love my brothers & sisters very much. If we can give our children as wonderful of a childhood that I had they will be blessed.

It is hard to believe we are half way around the world. I remember as a child trying to dig to China. A girl who thought the only way she would get to China was by digging. And, now I am in China getting a beautiful daughter.

China is very different then the United States. I am having a hard time even explaining it. I will forever have a special place in my heart for this country but realize how fortunate we are to live in the US. I hope someday to bring Olivia back to her birth country. Our agency (Children’s Hope International) does tours for families they have worked with. Maybe when she is a teenager.

This hotel is full of adoption families with children from China. They have a breakfast buffet every morning and everywhere you look there are babies & more babies. When you get on the elevator more then likely there are American parents with a child from China. People are from everywhere in the US. It is so neat here at the White Swan Hotel, everyone is so friendly.


Colette

No comments: