Welcome

Welcome to my blog. This is a journal of things in my life during the adoption process. If you want to start at the beginning you need to read backwards. What this means is go to the archives (January 2006) and read through to current time. I enjoy reading your comments, so please post your thoughts for me to read. Colette

Friday, October 26, 2007

8 Months Ago....

8 months ago today our lives changed for the better. Someone placed in our arms the most wide-eyed beautiful baby girl. We had prayed and hoped for this day to come. Bob & I got the daughter we were yearning for and Megan got the little sister she always wanted.

I can’t believe we have had Olivia in our lives for 8 months. It seems more like 6 months. Time has sure gone by fast.

Olivia is a true joy. She is so curious about everything. She is saying lots of words. Still only one word at a time but she will try and repeat you if she can. There are certain words that she stays away from (S, G, C,). She knows a lot of her body parts and animal noises. We got a dog 2 weeks ago and since then she has learned the word "no".

She weighs 22 pounds and is 31 inches. She is in the 28% of her age group. She is wearing 18 months old. Happy Anniversary Olivia, my sweet girl.

I love you, Mommy

No comments: