Welcome

Welcome to my blog. This is a journal of things in my life during the adoption process. If you want to start at the beginning you need to read backwards. What this means is go to the archives (January 2006) and read through to current time. I enjoy reading your comments, so please post your thoughts for me to read. Colette

Monday, April 16, 2007

update

We are doing great! The first 3 weeks we were home were a challenge. Funny, we got to the 6 week mark of having Olivia and things got better. I had heard about the 6 weeks for them to get adjusted and more secure with their new family..... WOW, were they right.

She is sleeping all alone in her bedroom. YEA! I had been sleeping in a twin bed in Olivia's room. I moved out the Wednesday before Easter. For the first 4 days she would wake up in the middle of the night and I would end up back in her room. She sometimes still wakes up in the middle of the night but I just go in there, lie her back down, leave and she is ok.

Plus I started putting Olivia to sleep awake whether it is naptime or nighttime. She might yell (not cry) for a bit. Her yell is short and actually funny. It is like she is saying "hey, I am in her, just want to let you know". Sometimes I check on her or I yell back to her that she is " ok, I love you, and lay down". Anyway, it has worked.

I can't tell you how a well rested mommy makes for a happy mommy. YEA!

Colette

No comments: