Welcome

Welcome to my blog. This is a journal of things in my life during the adoption process. If you want to start at the beginning you need to read backwards. What this means is go to the archives (January 2006) and read through to current time. I enjoy reading your comments, so please post your thoughts for me to read. Colette

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Still waiting...


I have been very patient today waiting for the UPS man to deliver our package. The package will have 3 more pictures of Olivia. Well, I am no longer patient. Hurry up UPS man, there is a mommy that wants to see her baby.
We finally received it at 7:30. As you can tell by the background, I still have up my Christmas decorations. I guess someone has been preocupied lately to get anything done around the house.

Colette

3 comments:

LedaP said...

Well?????? Where are the pics????????????? :)

LedaP said...

I was also wondering -- what were you doing March 12, 2006? Do you know?

mom of 3 said...

Hey Colette,

I received an email from Susan a couple days ago and she directed me to your blog. Have spent the last hour catching up to speed with your adventure. WOW! I learned a lot about international adoptions from your blog. I never did quite understand why it took so long - thought it was a control thing when it turns out to be mountains of paperwork (and lots of waiting!)

It sounds like you will be able to celebrate Olivia's first birthday together as a family! That will be exciting.

I have to say that Megan looks so much like you! Especially the picture where she is looking over her shoulder! That is you!

Enjoyed the picture of you, Rose, Susan, Tom, and Mark. Tom bought our piano from us when we moved this past August. I hadn't talked to him since Husker Marching Band days! I will have to give Susan (V) a hard time for not calling me while she was in KC (we live in a suburb of KCMO).

I'm sure that Susan has reminded you that Trena did two international adoptions (Korea and China). When I read your blog regarding the adoptive parents lack of understanding of orphanages and adjustment issues I thought of Trena. She might be a good contact for you in relating what to expect and how they worked through some of those tougher times (if you felt a need for that contact I could get you information to make it happen).

Well, it was nice reading about how you are being blessed with a new daughter. It won't be long now! Congratulations!

Marilee

P.S. I noticed that your parents house was up for sale when I was in Hastings a couple months ago...I always thought that was the coolest looking house from the outside! It was neat to see the picture on your blog... Susan's house sure has changed...I haven't decided if I like the new look or not.