Welcome

Welcome to my blog. This is a journal of things in my life during the adoption process. If you want to start at the beginning you need to read backwards. What this means is go to the archives (January 2006) and read through to current time. I enjoy reading your comments, so please post your thoughts for me to read. Colette

Saturday, January 13, 2007

February?? Maybe??

When we received our referral we thought we wouldn't be leaving for China till March. Well... our agency is actually saying (maybe) we could leave as soon as February 22nd! At first I was excited! Then I started looking at expenses. If we travel the last 2 weeks of February, it will be higher for our airfare (because of the Chinese New Year,). If you know me very well... you know this is killing me, because I am such a penny pincher (or as others have called me.... cheap).

Oh well, we have no control over the process of the adoption.... I have found that I need to let it go and try not to control the process. It is not possible with the adoption process. I have heard that adoption is not for the weak (or cheap) of heart... boy is that true. But, after going through everything we have with Rachel I will do anything to bring home a healthy child.

Colette

No comments: