Welcome

Welcome to my blog. This is a journal of things in my life during the adoption process. If you want to start at the beginning you need to read backwards. What this means is go to the archives (January 2006) and read through to current time. I enjoy reading your comments, so please post your thoughts for me to read. Colette

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Seeing old friends.....

We went to a lake out-side of St Louis to spend the weekend with the Robinson’s. They are a couple that we met while in China when we all got our daughters. We really bonded with both Katie & Marc while in China.

Our girls are from the same orphanage. Sofie was in foster care most of her year in China. Both girls were brought back to the orphanage 2 weeks before we got them. So, the girls would have been together then plus the 5-hour drive to Changsha where we then got the girls. Then we all were together for 2 weeks while in China.

The girls didn’t act like they "KNEW" each other but they started playing together and it was like they had their own language. No they weren’t talking in Chinese to each other… they actually seemed to be playing a game and only they knew the rules. It was so cute to see the girls together, and it was great to see Marc & Katie. We had a wonderful time and hope to get together again soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Colette,
I've been waiting for this post! I knew you were going and I was so excited to see those two precious ones together.

On another note...happy new school to Megan!

Susan

Sofie said...

Hi - We can't WAIT to see you all again too! The girls ad so much fun. 2 peas in a pod

Anonymous said...

Hi Colette. Thank you for sharing your blog with me. So, I am trying to piece together both blogs of yours....you and your husband have adopted Sophie and Olivia, right?

The girls are so lovely! It is fun to read blogs of people that I am actually going to meet! I told my husband, "Look this is Sophie and Olivia. We are going to meet them soon!"

I will send you an invite to my blog. Look for it. I am an amateur and kinda nervous about other people reading it other than family! But I can't wait to meet you all!

I cannot come tomorrow. It is my birthday and I already had plans. I will come to Mom's Night Out next month!

Anonymous said...

Nevermind...now I see Sophie is a friend. : )