Welcome

Welcome to my blog. This is a journal of things in my life during the adoption process. If you want to start at the beginning you need to read backwards. What this means is go to the archives (January 2006) and read through to current time. I enjoy reading your comments, so please post your thoughts for me to read. Colette

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Homestudy Update.... Finally

We started all of the paperwork for a homestudy update back in August. Then Terri the social worker came out to the house October 11th. And, finally I got the homestudy update in my hand November 8th. Everything takes so long in the adoption world. UGH!

Yesterday I mailed off the 1-600A to get re-fingerprinted and a new I-171 (I coudn't do this till I had the homestudy update) . I wrote a letter in there explaining the rush (our old one expires in December) and there is a possibility of us traveling the end of January. Hopefully they will let us get finger-printed soon. We have to drive all the way to OK City (2 hours away plus toll-roads) to get fingerprinted.

I haven't been sleeping well. Now that this is done maybe I'll be able to. Probably not, I have a feeling this might be the norm till I get the referral.

Colette

No comments: