Welcome

Welcome to my blog. This is a journal of things in my life during the adoption process. If you want to start at the beginning you need to read backwards. What this means is go to the archives (January 2006) and read through to current time. I enjoy reading your comments, so please post your thoughts for me to read. Colette

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Sick Baby


Late Friday night Olivia woke up with a temp. She was coughing and stuffy nose. This continued through the weekend. On our way home on Monday she started screaming (very inconsolable). We were guessing an ear infection.
I took her to the doctor late Monday afternoon. She has an ear infection and the croup. She is on 2 different meds.
This is Olivia's first sickness since we have had her. I hate when a baby is sick. They can't tell you what is wrong. They cry and are very crabby (I mean fussy).
Friday, Saturday & Sunday night while we were on vacation, Olivia would wake up at least once an hour. Well, Monday night (Olivia's first night @ home). She slept through the night. I heard her wake up coughing a few times but she would go back to sleep on her own. YEA! Makes for a better mommy... getting some sleep.
Olivia is still fussy today but I am sure by Wednesday she should be feeling better after being on the meds.
We leave Wednesday morning for Nebraska. Bob is driving the girls and I half way and my mom is picking us up. Bob will come next Thursday to join us. We will be gone 2 whole weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, it is hard when they are so little and so sick. I'm glad she is on the mend.

Have a wonderful trip! Say howdy to your family and go to the fountain once for me!

Susan