Welcome

Welcome to my blog. This is a journal of things in my life during the adoption process. If you want to start at the beginning you need to read backwards. What this means is go to the archives (January 2006) and read through to current time. I enjoy reading your comments, so please post your thoughts for me to read. Colette

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

5 Months!

WOW! I can’t believe we have had Olivia for 5 months in our lives. I hear so many people say that they feel as though they have been a part of their lives forever and that they can’t remember their life before the ‘child’. Well, I can’t say that. I still remember my life so clearly before Olivia. I don’t know if it is because we thought having our second child would be so easy. I just took it for granted that I would get pregnant, carry the baby to full term and bring home a healthy child.

Well, we all know that didn’t happen. I still look back on those years of TTC (trying to conceive). The ovulation kits, doctor appointments, surgeries, inseminations, miscarriages, IVF, more doctor appointments, losing Rachel, more doctor appointments, and then another try at IVF again.

After all of that we then switching to adoption. When we started they said we would have a baby in one year. As we all know that didn’t happen. As the wait continued all of paperwork expired and we had to re-do everything. Finally after 2 years 3 months from starting the paperwork we brought our baby home.

If someone would have told me over 8 years ago that I would have to go through all of this I would have said "no way". I guess that is how life is. When I re-read what I have gone through I am overwhelmed... but I didn’t do it all in a day or a week not even one year but 8 years. Guess that is how I was able to handle it without going crazy. I took it one day at a time.

Anyway, back to having Olivia in my life for 5 months. I still have to pinch myself that it isn’t a dream. She is a wonderful child, I love her so much and I feel very blessed to be her mother. I think about if we hadn’t gone through infertility and the loss of Rachel we would have never considered adoption. Then we would never have Olivia in our lives.

So, life definitely is a journey. We might not understand why we are going through things in our lives and we ask God "why?". But I can look back on the last 8 years of my life and I look at Olivia and I understand "why".

Colette

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Colette.... you make me cry! It has been a long 8 years and I have seen you grow into a much stronger person. God does not give us anything we cannot handle. You are so blessed and I am so happy that I am Olivia's Aunt and get to spoil her!

Love your big sis, Julie

Lori said...

This is a beautiful post filled with gratefulness and faith.
Your daughter is so precious and you are blessed to have eachother!
Thanks for sharing your story!