Welcome

Welcome to my blog. This is a journal of things in my life during the adoption process. If you want to start at the beginning you need to read backwards. What this means is go to the archives (January 2006) and read through to current time. I enjoy reading your comments, so please post your thoughts for me to read. Colette

Friday, June 08, 2007

Leaving Olivia For The First Time.....

We left Olivia for the first time. This was the first time that I have left her with someone other then Bob. We left her with our good friend Olivia Peters. She is one of the gals that made the the 100 Wishes Quilt. Because of the same name we are going to have baby Olivia call big Olivia (Ollie). Megan & Olivia both stayed with the Peters, that way Megan could help Olivia feel comfortable.

Olivia did GREAT! I think I had the harder time. I missed my baby so much. I was told Olivia did great, which I am happy for. But why is there a small part of me that wants my child to cry "Mama" the whole time?? I say a small part of me. Don’t get me wrong. I am very happy that she did so well.

Bob and I had a wonderful time! It was our first time out just the two of us without kids since before China (Febuary). We need to try and do this at least once a month.

Colette



1 comment:

Sofie said...

I have been itching to do the same. Just a nice dinner out on the town. We are open for visitors all summer by the way!
K