Welcome

Welcome to my blog. This is a journal of things in my life during the adoption process. If you want to start at the beginning you need to read backwards. What this means is go to the archives (January 2006) and read through to current time. I enjoy reading your comments, so please post your thoughts for me to read. Colette

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Referral One Year Later!

One year ago today I set my eyes on the most beautiful baby girl! Her name then was Xin Min Ya. We later found out she went by Min Ya (pronounced Mia). We were told her birthday, where she was living and a few other items. They emailed us a scanned photo of the baby and my heart melted. After the long wait we were finally matched with a child. It was surreal! It was one of the happiest days of my life. I compare it to the day Megan was born. A wonderful, wonderful day!

Our child was born in our hearts that day, a year ago today. We named her Olivia Xin Walker. She has been a true joy and a blessing to our lives.


This was the first picture we saw of Olivia. It was emailed to us in black and white.
We received all 3 pictures in color the day after we got the phone call with our referral. They were taken when she was 6 months old.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Colette, It does seem just like yesterday that you received the phone call! Wow, I can't believe it has been a whole year. Your family seems so complete now and I am very, very happy for all of you. It is do neat to see you all so happy! Olivia is such a spirited little girl and brings so much love to everyone that encounter her.

Love, Julie