Welcome

Welcome to my blog. This is a journal of things in my life during the adoption process. If you want to start at the beginning you need to read backwards. What this means is go to the archives (January 2006) and read through to current time. I enjoy reading your comments, so please post your thoughts for me to read. Colette

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Ice Storm Damage




We know for sure that 2 of the trees are going to have to come down. We are afraid the 2 in the middle will have to come down too. We will find out this weekend.

We lost power for 36 hours here in our house. It was terrible. I didn't realize how we depend on electricity so much. Not just for lights & heat but music, tv, computer, refrigerator, dishwasher, coffee maker, washer, dryer, etc.... At least we have a gas stove so we were able to use the burners. I would boil water and pour it through my coffee maker (got to have coffee). I would also boil water for the girls to have hot chocolate. One day we made eggs for breakfast then macaroni & cheese for dinner. It got down to 53 degrees in the house.... brrrr cold. I slept with Olivia to keep her warm
I felt so out of touch. We couldn't get any of radios to work with batteries. We tried 3 different radios with new batteries.... it was crazy.
My good friend, Debbie & her daughter, Alex stayed with us all week. She was without electricity till Friday. We made the best of the situation by getting caught up. Once we got power we watched lots of movies. Alex & Megan entertained each other that helped me and Debbie to not go crazy.
I now realize it is a good thing I was born when I was, I don't know if I could have lived 200 years ago.

No comments: